Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Asherah

A few days ago Good Morning America had a great special on how women see themselves and treat one another. It discussed how we women hurt ourselves with our constant evaluating...I started thinking...yes, she is right! We are made in God's image and we shouldn't constantly evaluate and question and judge...we degrade the image of God by degrading ourselves and each other! Each thought of too big, too ugly, too round, why did she wear that? ...all of them are degrading ...
The woman on the interview said something I really liked. Instead of walking into a room and checking out all of the women, their bodies, and their outfits and taking mental notes, we should compliment each other! Just randomly, we women should say to one another, "I really like that blouse!" or "You look so pretty today."
Two days later, Nathan and I went on a dinner date...I walked in and the hostess starting checking me out...I was worried. Did something not match, did I forget part of the outfit, etc.. and as I am worrying, she complimented me on my dress. It felt good! It gave me a boost of confidence! And, I remembered that interview!
By honoring the image of others, we honor the image of God! Why aren't we complimenting each other more? It seems so basic...it would make a huge difference!...marion...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done and YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I know the spin well and I am laughing at the pic!

kumardixit said...

Marion, do you have a new email address?

Virginia said...

props - a good point well made!